LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER
NEW SUNDAY MORNING SCHEDULE
8:30 a.m. First Light Worship in the Sanctuary
9:00 a.m. New Beginnings Contemporary Worship in the Fellowship Hall
9:30 a.m. Fellowship Time in the Parlor
10:00 a.m. Sunday School for all
11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary
After Hours Wednesday - January 17
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER
Served in the Fellowship Hall $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $24 family maximum. On the menu this week: Spaghetti, green beans, salad, garlic bread and dessert.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER?
Reservation deadline - Tuesdays at noon.
6:00PM FELLOWSHIP, WORSHIP & STUDIES
• STUDY WITH PASTOR LYNN - Five-week study entitled “Singing with the Saints.” Held in the Fellowship Hall.
• STUDY WITH PASTOR SHAWN - “Difficult Conversations in Parenting.” Held in room 42 (across from the Fellowship Hall)
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Chris Rizzo and held in room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in the Garden Room, will be studying “Curve Balls… becoming grounded in the Father while bracing for what lies ahead.”
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Held in the Youth Room.
• BRIDGE (4TH, 5TH & 6TH GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• KID’S KINGDOM (K - 3RD GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY - Provided for ages 6 weeks to 4 years. 3 and 4 year olds participate in their own Bible lesson and activities. All nursery children meet in the 3 year old classroom.
NEW TESTAMENT BIBLE STUDY meeting on Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. in the View Classroom. Join us to study 1, 2, & 3 John.
OBERAMMERGAU PASSION PLAY REGISTRATION DEADLINE is January 19 to secure your seat for the July 17-26, 2020, journey to Switzerland, Austria, and Bavaria. Highlights include Bern, Chateau de Chillon, GoldenPass Panoramic train ride from Montreux to Gstaad, Lucerne, Innsbruck, Austrian Alps, Salzburg, Linderhof Palace, Fussen, and Neuschwanstein Castle. Join us for this once-in-a-decade chance for a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
BOOK NOOK will meet in the Parlor, Sunday January 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m., to discuss Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Ouachita Public Library has 6 copies of this YA book which has been made into a movie, starring Julia Roberts. All are welcome!
CROSS CONNECTION will be Sunday, January 21 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church of Ruston. The Monroe District welcomes all students grades 6th - 12th to gather for a district night of worship.
UNITED CHRISTIAN ASHRAMS will be February 8 -10 at First United Methodist Church in West Monroe. Brochures available in the church office.
THE CARNIVAL FAMILY BONFIRE will be February 11 at 5:30 p.m. in the east parking lot. Join us for a fun time and good food around the fire.
OWL SALSAS AND JELLIES are available for purchase at the table located by the church office door. Jelly is $6 and salsa is $5 a jar. Proceeds benefit the United Methodist Children’s Home in Ruston.
INTERESTED IN JOINING FUMC MONROE? Our next First Connection Class will be January 21 at 4:00 p.m. in the church parlor. The first step to membership at FUMC Monroe is to attend First Connection. Call Linda in the church office & register. Childcare is provided upon request.
TEXT-TO-GIVE IS NOW AVAILABLE! Text any amount to 84321 to give. You will be asked to set up a payment method and from that point forward, giving will be as simple as sending a text. For more info go to FUMCMONROELA.ORG/GIVE