After Hours Wednesday - November 30
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER is served in the Fellowship Hall $6 for adults and $4 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $20 family maximum. On the menu this week: Taco soup, chips, salad & dessert.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER? Let us know by making a reservation! (Reservation deadline - Tuesday at noon)
6:00pm Fellowship, worship & studies
• ADVENT STUDY WITH REV. J. RODDY TAYLOR - In Isaiah 9:6, a divine utterance is given to us using four royal titles– Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Join us as we ponder each title and its meaning in our lives. The study will be in the Fellowship Hall.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in the Garden Room, will be studying The Redemption of Scrooge by Matt Rawle.
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Mitch Reppond and held in Room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying The Kingdom Man by Tony Evans.
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Studying Echo the Story 12. The youth will meet in girls and guys small groups upstairs in the youth room.
• CHILDREN (PREK - 6TH GRADE) will meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY will be provided for ages 6 weeks to 4 years.
SINGLES group will meet at 6:00 p.m. Wednesday nights for Mexican Train Dominoes in Room #42 (across from the Fellow- ship Hall). Feel free to bring a snack to share. On Tuesday, November 29th, the Singles group will meet at 6:00 p.m. at the Waterfront Grill for dinner.
IT’S TIME TO ORDER POINSETTIAS! If you would like to place a poinsettia in the church in memory or in honor of someone or if you would like to make a donation to Christmas Beauty in honor or memory of someone, you may do so by stopping in the Great Hall and filling out an order form. Poinsettias are $10.00 each. The deadline to order is December 12th. You can pick up red poinsettias on December 18th after the 10:50 a.m. service and white poinsettias on December 24th after the 6:00 p.m. service.
ANGEL TREE GIFTS ARE DUE DECEMBER 4. Please leave UNWRAPPED gifts in the original bag along with the receipt and the angel card under the angel tree. If a gift card is given please put the dollar amount on the card itself. Donations of gift bags and tissue are welcome.
OWL SALSAS AND JELLIES are available on the table by the office. A donation of $6 for jellies and $5 for salsas goes to the Ruston United Methodist Children’s Home.
INTERESTED IN JOINING FUMC MONROE? Our next First Connection Class will be November 27th from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. in the church parlor. The first step to membership at FUMC Monroe is to attend First Connection. Call Linda in the church office & register. Childcare is provided upon request.
CHRISTMAS FOR THE CHILDREN
Sunday, December 11 at 10:00 a.m.
One service only
Sunday School at 9:00 a.m.
CHRISTMAS UNDER THE STARS
Sunday, December 18 at 5:30 p.m.
Featuring the movie Prancer
East parking lot
CONTEMPORARY CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE
Saturday, December 24 at 4:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS EVE CANDLELIGHT COMMUNION
Saturday, December 24 at 6:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE
Sunday, December 25 at 10:00 a.m.
One service only
NO Sunday School